Four Little Walls Copyright 2016. Powered by Blogger.

Week 8: Scatter cushions

Afternoon!

Everything's a bit upside down here, still lots to unpack after the move but I did, eventually, dig out the cushions for this weeks project. Phew!

I dedicate todays post to Laura K, a fabulous lady who truly appreciates the comfort of a good, squishy pile.

What I used:
5x5cm fabric squares
Stuffing
Needle and thread / sewing machine if you're feeling lazy

What I did:
Now I'm not going to insult your intelligence too much. These cushions are literally just two squares sewn together and take about 20 minutes from start to finish. Even quicker if you don't have the telly on while you're doing it, but here's the basics.

Cut your fabric to the desired size, remembering to give sewing allowance.
Ensuring the squares are right sides facing each other, stitch as straight as you can around all four edges, leaving a small gap at the last corner.
Turn the square inside out (actually the right side out!), use the end of a pencil to gently push the corners out.
Use the pencil again to help push the stuffing into the cushion evenly.
Close the gap with a couple of tiny stitches.
I gave 5x5cm as a guide for an average sized cushion but obviously you can go whatever size and shape you like, from teeny tiny pillows to giant (1:12 scale!) floor cushions.

Lovely.

Have a fab weekend, I'm off to unpack a few more boxes and seek out some cake!

1 comment

  1. Ah I love the dedication! Fab x x

    ReplyDelete