Wednesday, 10 April 2013

A sad little house


This is a tale of a very sad little house.
This house.

It has a metal front panel, and access to rooms on both side of the house.

I recently acquired two vintage house. (See the first one here)
Both are very different to what I normally work on but they're so cute in their own, run down little way that I'm determined to restore them back to working order! 

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little stumped as to where to start! This house in particular has been very neglected and is going to need a new roof, new hinges, all new windows on the back (assuming I can source some!) and then there's the cosmetics ! A makeover is most definitely in order!

I believe these houses are a 1:24 ish  1:16 scale? (Thanks for the tip off Julie B) Sylvanian family sort of size?! Please do correct me if i'm wrong, any input on these older style houses would be greatly appreciated as I've not done my home work yet, and really don't know anything about them!

For now, i'll leave you with some pictures, have a little look around, please forgive the dust! 
x


Original wallpaper is still salvageable, looks like their used to be a little fireplace in there too.


I LOVE this open plan room, you can see straight through the house. 


The back of the house with broken panel propped up.




One of the back bedrooms. Or maybe a bathroom?


Stairs need a hoover!


Another of the back rooms.

5 comments:

  1. Your little house will became beautiful.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella la tappezzeria con le rose! Ciao,Manu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily you have found the houses to rescue them. I can't wait to see the renovations. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're very cute houses! I'm sure you'll do a great job restoring them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat layout, even if it is a mess.

    ReplyDelete

Created By Sora Templates